How To Shoot Architecture With Your Camera Phone
Learn every step to create amazing videos of architecture all on your camera phone.Watch Promo Grab an Exclusive Founders Seat by Pre-Release Enrolling
Who Is This Course Specifically For
- Architecture Students
- Architectural Enthusiast
At The End Of This Course You Will Be Able To
- Create Short Videos With Your Camera Phone
- Shoot Amazing Footage Of Buildings
- Quickly Edit That Footage
- Post Your Video Anywhere You Like
- Get More Eyes On Your Work
- Tell Your Story
Course Informational Video
This Course Is For You If You’ve Ever Said
- I’m great at selling my design services but would love to reach more potential clients.
- I know how to design buildings but marketing my skills is another story.
- How do I even start to create a video?
- I’m an Architect, not a marketer.
- Learning yet another skill seems daunting, especially video.
- I love phone photography and would love to take my abilities to the next level with video.
What You Will Learn
- Basic mobile phone shooting principles
- Architectural photo and video techniques
- How to make static buildings dynamic with time, space and light
- Lighting techniques - the sun is your friend
- Sound capturing techniques - both voice and ambient
- Easy mobile video editing techniques
- Simple strategies for architectural storytelling
- Narratives - how to compose a clear message in your own unique voice
- List of best equipment, apps, software etc. for all price points
Learn how to tell your very own design story and get more eyes on your work all with the super powerful camera in your pocket!
Over the past ten year’s I helped found and build a production agency called Arbuckle Industries, a powerhouse around a niche suite of services for the architecture, engineering and construction industry. I originally studied and practiced architecture, and continue to be heavily involved in the profession by taking my passion into the realm of storytelling for the stories embedded in our built environment. I have:
- Interviewed over three hundred architects including Thom Mayne, Richard Meier, Daniel Libeskind, Zaha Hadid, Renzo Piano and Shigeru Ban.
- Produced hundreds of architectural videos
- Directed hundreds of shoots ranging from international crews at the Venice Biennale, to multi-city road trip productions across the US for Architect Magazine and for global firms in the urban jungle of NY
- Clients include such firms/brands as Gensler, Richard Meier, Vitra, Sennheiser, Studios Architecture, Simon Malls, CBRE and Brookfield to name a few
I have spoken at national conferences, marketing organizations, film festivals and design schools in an attempt to help others adopt the power of storytelling to share their design, brand or company's stories and sell their services. I'm an active member in the Society of Marketing Professionals Services (SMPS), the American Institute of Architects (AIA) and Oregon Media Producers Association (OMPA), and a co-founder of the League of Architectural Filmmakers and Storytellers (LAF/S). I’ve even gone as far as infecting the minds of tomorrow by teaching film courses at Pratt Institute and the University of Minnesota's design schools to further spread the gospel of dynamic spatial storytelling. You're next!
"Ten years ago I transitioned away from traditional practice to share the stories embedded within our build environment. The best way to maximize this effort is to help those creating these space - the architects, engineers, builders, developers and anyone else inspired by the buildings around them - to tell the amazing stories about our buildings." - Ian